Download, install and activate ESET Cyber Security or ESET Cyber Security Pro
- Uninstall any previously installed antivirus software on your system.
If you have a CD, insert it into your computer (if the installation does not begin automatically, double-click the ESET disc icon on your desktop).
To install without a CD:
The install package will appear in your Downloads folder or the default folder set by your browser. Click the file to open it.
If you inserted a CD in step 2, the ESET Cyber Security or ESET Cyber Security Pro window will open automatically. Double-click English.
- Double-click the Install icon. When prompted, click Continue to launch the Installation Wizard.
- Read the Introduction and click Continue.
- Review the System requirements and click Continue.
- Click Continue → Agree.
- In the Version Check window, click Continue. We highly recommend you install the latest version if you are notified one is available.
- Select an Installation mode and click Continue.
- Select your preference for ESET LiveGrid and click Continue.
- Select your Potentially Unwanted Applications preference and click Continue.
- Click Install.
- When prompted, enter your administrator Name and Password and click Install Software.
- The installation may take a few minutes to complete. When the Installation was successful screen displays, click Close.
After the first installation on macOS 10.13 and later, you will receive System Extension Blocked system notification and Your computer is not protected notification from your ESET product.
Allow system extensions on your mac
Click Open System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Click the lock icon at the bottom left to allow changes to be made.
Click Allow next to System software from developer "ESET, spol. s.r.o." was blocked from loading.
- Click Restart.
- Click Open System Preferences.
After the first installation on macOS 10.14, you need to allow your ESET product to access to user protected data in order to receive a full protection.
Allow your ESET product access to user protected data on your mac
- From the Apple menu, click System Preference → Security & Privacy.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Select the Full Disk Access option.
- Click the Lock icon so that you can make changes.
- Drag and drop the ESET application icon into the Allow list or click the + icon and select your ESET application.
- Your computer will display a notification to restart your computer. Click Later. Do not restart your computer in this step.
- Restart your ESET product manually or reset your computer.
After installation is complete, the activation window will open automatically. In the License Key field, type or copy/paste your License Key and click Activate. Make sure you enter the License Key exactly as it appears and include the hyphens. If you copy/paste be sure you do not accidentally select additional space around the text. If you have a CD, type your Activation Key (printed on the label) into the blank field. Be sure to include hyphens.
If the activation window does not open automatically, in the menu bar, click the or icon in the menu bar. Select Open ESET Cyber Security or ESET Cyber Security Pro and click Activate.
Click here if you do not have a License Key or did not receive an email with license info following your purchase.
- If your credentials were entered in correctly, you will see the Activation was successful screen. Click Done to complete your activation. Your product will now automatically begin downloading the latest virus signature database update.
- Cyber Security Pro users only: In the New network connection detected window, select your preferred Profile from the drop-down menu and click OK. If you are performing this installation in an office or home environment on a secure network, click Home or Office. Only select Public if you are traveling with your client computer and ESET Cyber Security Pro detects a new network.