Can I easily move ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) clients from one server to another? (4.x)KB Solution ID: KB884 |Last Revised: June 11, 2015
ERA Server must be running on both servers to change the server your clients report to from OLD_SERVER to NEW_SERVER in ESET Remote Administrator (ERA).
You can direct all the clients under OLD_SERVER’s control to start reporting to NEW_SERVER by following the steps below:
- From ERA Console, connect to OLD_SERVER.
- From the Clients tab, select all clients that currently connect to OLD_SERVER.
- Right-click the selected clients, and select New Task → Configuration Task.
- In the Configuration for Clients dialog box, click Create…
- In the Configuration Editor, navigate to ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus → ESET Kernel → Setup → Remote administration.
- Change the Server address to NEW_SERVER (no http://), or use the IP address of NEW_SERVER, in the form xxx.xxx.xx.x (again no http://).
- To configure the update server, navigate to Update module → Profile → Setup.
- In the Update server parameter, enter the IP address of NEW_SERVER (http://xxx.xxx.x.x:xxxx).
- Close the Configuration Editor and click Yes when asked to save changes.
- Within a few minutes (according to the Interval between connections to server setting) the clients will pick up the configuration change and begin reporting to the new server.