Can I easily move ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) clients from one server to another? (4.x)
ERA Server must be running on both servers to change the server your clients report to from OLD_SERVER to NEW_SERVER in ESET Remote Administrator (ERA).
You can direct all the clients under OLD_SERVER’s control to start reporting to NEW_SERVER by following the steps below:
- From ERA Console, connect to OLD_SERVER.
- From the Clients tab, select all clients that currently connect to OLD_SERVER.
- Right-click the selected clients, and select New Task → Configuration Task.
- In the Configuration for Clients dialog box, click Create…
- In the Configuration Editor, navigate to ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus → ESET Kernel → Setup → Remote administration.
- Change the Server address to NEW_SERVER (no http://), or use the IP address of NEW_SERVER, in the form xxx.xxx.xx.x (again no http://).
- To configure the update server, navigate to Update module → Profile → Setup.
- In the Update server parameter, enter the IP address of NEW_SERVER (http://xxx.xxx.x.x:xxxx).
- Close the Configuration Editor and click Yes when asked to save changes.
- Within a few minutes (according to the Interval between connections to server setting) the clients will pick up the configuration change and begin reporting to the new server.