How do I use ESET Remote Administrator to upgrade ESET security products on client workstations? (3.0)KB Solution ID: KB714|Last Revised: July 7, 2015
ESET Remote Administrator version 4.x users, click here.
I. Upgrade ESET Remote Administrator
Before upgrading client workstations, we suggest upgrading to the latest version of ESET Remote Administrator using the instructions in the following ESET Knowledgebase article:
- How do I upgrade ESET Remote Administrator to the latest version?
- Or, visit the ESET Download page to download the latest version of ESET Remote Administrator. Install the latest version of ESET Remote Administrator over your existing version. During the installation process, you will be prompted for the level of data you wish to import. Regardless of the level you select, all clients will be imported.
Or, to continue using ESET Remote Administrator 3.x, skip to part II below.
II. Uninstall ESET security products from client workstations
Push an uninstall package to existing clients using the following steps:
- Open the ERA Console; click Remote Install tab and then click the Install... button.
- From the Type menu, select Uninstall ESET Security Products and NOD32 version 2.
- Add your clients by dragging them from the left pane into the main grid on the right. Entire workgroups can be moved at the same time. After all clients have been added, click Uninstall. This will require client workstations to be restarted.
III. Install ESET security products on client workstations
- From the Remote Install tab, create an installation package by clicking the Packages button.
- Click Add, click Download from the web, and download the desired package. After downloading, you can configure the package to your specifications.
- Once you have configured the package, click the Install button on the Remote Install tab and select your new package from the Package menu. Add your clients by dragging them left to right into the main grid. Click the Install button.