How to Download and Install ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server (4.x)?KB Solution ID: KB2790 |Last Revised: October 6, 2015
I. Download ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server
- Before downloading, check your operating system version: Click here for instructions.
- Have your ESET-provided Username and Password ready. Don't have your Username or Password? Click here to visit the Lost License Page.
- Click the appropriate link below to download your product for Microsoft® Windows® 7/Vista/Home Server/XP/2008 R2/2008/2003 R2/2003/2000:
32-bit download 64-bit download
- Select Save and save the file to the Desktop. Once the download is complete, click Run and begin the installation process. Or, navigate to your Desktop or wherever you saved the efsw_ntXX_enu.msi file and double-click it.
II. Install ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server
- To begin installation, double-click the ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server installer icon "efsw_ntXX_enu.msi".
- The ESET File Security Setup window will open. Click Next to continue.
- In the next window, select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next to continue.
- In the Installation Mode window, select Typical and click Next to continue.
- In the Automatic update window, enter your ESET-provided Username and Password and click Next to continue.
- In the ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System window, make sure that the check box next to Enable ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System selected and click Next to continue.
- In the Detection of potentially unwanted applications window, select your preferred option (see What is a potentially unwanted application?) and click Next.
- In the next window, click Install to continue.
- Once you click Install, you will see the Installing ESET File Security window (below) for a few minutes.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.