What's new in ESET Mobile Security for Android?
- Differences between the free and premium versions of ESET Mobile Security
- New features in the latest version of ESET Mobile Security
Latest version of ESET Mobile Security for Android: 220.127.116.11
ESET Mobile Security for Android is ESET's security application for Android mobile devices. It combines a proactive scanning engine with antispam and Anti-Theft features to provide real-time protection against known and emerging threats.
If suspicious activity is detected (such as an unauthorized SIM Card change or wrong lock screen password/pattern entered), you will be notified via email and Proactive Anti-Theft will lock your device, take camera snapshots, and relay location information so you can track your missing device via my.eset.com.
Online Management of Anti-Theft features
The following are the key features available to control through your Premium my.eset.com account: camera pictures, location tracking, on-screen messages, optimization of Anti-Theft settings, sending current device position when the device is low on battery, security password change on my.eset.com, and User IP address details. See the ESET Mobile Security Product Overview (PDF) for more detailed descriptions of the online management features.
Available option to whitelist threats.
Under the Automatic Scans menu, you can set the scan to start only when the device is fully charged and in an idle state (you must enable this feature; it is not enabled by default).
Key existing features
- Variable depth of scanning (Quick/Smart/Deep)
- Scheduled scanning
- Background scanning will run while you use your mobile device
- SMS/Call filtering for specific contacts and specific times
- Anti-Theft Wizard and Startup Wizard
- Built-in USSD Control to protect you against attacks via malicious SMS messages, QR codes or URL links
- Application Audit to monitor the permissions of installed apps
The latest version of ESET Mobile Security for Android is offered in three variations:
- Free: A lifetime trial including basic functionality
- Trial: 30-day trial of the full (Premium) version
- Premium: 1 year license
Click the image to view larger in new window
Operating system: Android 2.3 and higher
*The latest version of ESET Mobile Security for Android does not support Kindle Fire (1st Gen)
- Memory: 12+ MB
- Device RAM: 256+ MB
- Internal storage: 20+ MB
- SD card or internal memory 5+ MB
- Screen: Touch screen (minimal 240x320px)
- Processor: 500+ MHz
For answers to frequently asked questions, refer to the following Knowledgebase article:
- ESET Mobile Security for Android - FAQ
- Will ESET Mobile Security for Android work on my Tablet device?