How do I Download, Install and Activate the trial version of ESET Cybersecurity for Mac? (4.x)KB Solution ID: KB2584 |Last Revised: July 7, 2015
To download and install the 30-day trial version of ESET Cybersecurity for Mac, follow the instructions below:
- Visit the ESET Cybersecurity for Mac Trial Download page and click Download.
- The install package will appear in your Downloads folder (or the default folder set by your browser). Click the download file to open it.
- Double-click the Install icon from the ESET Cybersecurity install disk window and click Continue to launch the Installation Wizard.
- Follow the instructions as you are prompted in the Installation Wizard.
- In the Special Applications window, select your preferred option (see What is a potentially unwanted application?) and click Continue.
- Click Install to install your ESET product. Enter your Mac OS administrator Name and Password when prompted and click Continue.
- The installation may take a few minutes to complete. Click Restart to restart your computer and complete the installation.
- On restart, the Product Activation window will appear. If the window does not automatically open, click the ESET icon on the menu bar and select Product Activation... to manually open it. Select Activate Trial License and click Next.
- Enter the appropriate information into each field. All of the fields must be filled, and be sure to enter a valid email address, as your license details will be sent there.
- Click Activate. Your trial Username and Password will be entered automatically and your product will perform a virus signature database update.
To see how much time you have remaining on your trial, either refer to the license details email or click Update on the main menu on the left. The expiration date will display on the right in the main program window. Please allow up to 48 hours after installation for your expiration date to appear.