How do I install ESET Cybersecurity? (4.x)
- Download the latest install package from ESET's download page. To check if you have the latest version, click here.
Download ESET Cybersecurity
- The install package will appear in your Downloads folder (or the default folder set by your browser). Click the download file to open it.
- Double-click the Install icon from the ESET Cybersecurity Install Disk window and click Continue to launch the installation wizard.
- If you are asked whether you want to open the application "Installer" click Open.
- Read the Introduction and then click Continue.
- On the Read Me page, click Continue. If you would like to print or save the important information displayed on the Read Me page, click Print... or Save..., respectively.
- Carefully read through the Software License Agreement. To print or save the License Agreement, click Print... or Save..., respectively. Click Continue and then click Agree when prompted to agree to the License Agreement. If you click Disagree, you will exit the installer and your installation of ESET Cybersecurity will be incomplete.
- Select the Installation Mode for your ESET security product. You can select either Typical or Custom installation modes. We recommend selecting the Typical installation mode, as its preconfigured settings provide optimum performance with maximum protection. However, if you would like to configure your own settings, you can select the Custom installation mode. Click Continue to proceed.
- Set parameters for ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System reporting. The ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System submits new threats to ESET's labs and provides feedback that improves protection. Select the Enable ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System option to activate ThreatSense.Net reporting. Click Continue.
- The next step of the installation process is to configure detection of Potentially unwanted applications (see What is a potentially unwanted application?). Such programs are not necessarily malicious, but can negatively affect the behavior of your operating system. These applications are often bundled with other programs and may be difficult to notice during the installation process. Although these applications usually display a notification during installation, they can easily be installed without your consent. Choose one of the options and click Continue.
- Read the installation details on the Installation Type page. Click Install to install your ESET security product. You will need to enter your Mac OS administrator Name and Password. The ESET installer will prompt you to continue the installation after you have entered your administrator Name and Password. Click Continue.
- The installation may take a few minutes to complete. Once you see the "installation was successful" screen displayed click Close.