How do I run an On-demand Computer scan in ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS X?KB Solution ID: KB2384|Last Revised: July 7, 2015
If you suspect that your computer is infected (slow or abnormal behavior), an On-demand computer scan should be performed to examine your computer for infiltrations. We recommend that an On-demand scan be run at least twice a month, or more frequently for high-risk computers, as part of routine security measures. Regular scanning can protect your computer against:
- Threats which were already present on your computer before ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Mac was installed.
- Dormant, potentially harmful files on your system which may have been undetectable by older virus defintions.
- Infections which occured while the Real-time scanner was disabled (possible only if turned off by the user).
To run an On-demand computer scan in ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Mac, follow the steps below:
- Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon on the menu bar and selecting Open ESET NOD32 Antivirus or by clicking Finder → Applications → ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.
- Click Computer Scan from the main menu and then click Smart scan from the primary window. The scan may take a few minutes to complete, particularly if it is the first time you are running a computer scan. Upon completion, a summary window showing the number of scanned, infected, and cleaned objects will be displayed. Click OK to return to the main program window.
- To see detailed results of the scan log, click the icon to Activate advanced mode.
- From the main menu, click Tools → Log files and select Computer scan from the drop-down menu in the primary window.
- Double-click the line representing the most recently completed scan (top line). A new Computer scan window will appear, showing the scan log details.