Creating a scheduled scan in ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS XKB Solution ID: KB2383|Last Revised: July 7, 2015
We recommend that you configure ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Mac to perform a weekly, in-depth scan of your system and disks. You can schedule this scan to run automatically in the background while you are away from your computer. Follow the steps below for detailed instructions on setting up a scheduled scan:
- Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon on the menu bar and selecting Open ESET NOD32 Antivirus or by clicking Finder → Applications → ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.
- Click the icon to Activate advanced mode.
- From the main menu, click Tools → Scheduler and then click Add task... from the primary window.
- Enter a Task name for your scheduled scan, select On-demand computer scan from the Scheduled task drop-down menu and select the frequency you would like from the Run task menu (we recommend Weekly). Click Next.
- Select In-depth scan from the Selected profile drop-down menu and select the drive(s) you would like scanned from the Scan Targets drop-down menu. Click Next.
- Specify the date and time at which you would like to run the scan. Click Next.
- Specify a rule (to be applied if the scan cannot be run at the preferred time). Choose from Wait until the next scheduled time, which will delay the scan until the following scheduled time; Run the task as soon as possible, which will trigger the scan as soon as it can be performed; Run the task immediately if the time since its last execution exceeds specified interval, which gives you the option to delay the scan for a period that you specify. Click Next.
- Review the summary and click Finish to schedule your scan and return to the main program window. The scan you created will appear in the list of scheduled tasks