The error message "Error communicating with kernel" appears
- You receive the error message "Error communicating with kernel"
- You have recently upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10 with ESET installed and are receiving this error
Press the Windows key + R, type services.msc into the blank field and click OK. The Services window will be displayed.
Right-click the ESET Service (ekrn.exe) and select Properties from the context menu.
Verify that the Startup type is set to Automatic and that the Service Status reads Started then click Apply → OK.
- Restart your computer. If the issue is not resolved, continue to solution II below.
II. Uninstall and reinstall your ESET product using the ESET Uninstaller tool
Use the ESET Uninstaller tool to perform a manual uninstallation.
Reinstall your ESET product. Click the appropriate link below for step-by-step instructions:
- Reinstall ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus
- Download and Install ESET Endpoint products on individual client workstations (5.x)
- Install ESET Endpoint Security or ESET Endpoint Antivirus on a client workstation (6.x)
- Install and activate ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server (6.x)
- Install ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server (6.x)
- Download and Install ESET Mail Security 4.5 for Microsoft Exchange Server
If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please contact ESET Customer Care.